Duties of the Court
To preside over the criminal felony cases and civil cases filed through the Galveston County District Clerk’s office and duly assigned to the 122nd Judicial District Court of Galveston County according to the Local Rules.
To serve on the following Administrative Boards:
- Galveston County Juvenile Justice Board
- Galveston County Adult Community Supervision Board
- Pre-Trial Release Agency Board
- Galveston County Criminal Courts Board
- Galceston County Purchasing Board
- Galveston County Bail Bond Board
- Galveston County Mediation Board
Duties of the Administrative Judge
To serve as the duly elected Administrative Judge for the District Courts of Galveston County, which includes the assignment and transfer of cases within the District Courts of Galveston County in order to equalize caseloads, to promote justice and to facilitate the scheduling of trials and disposition of cases.