Announcement from Jared S. Robinson, Judge
Please be advised that in light of the situation concerning the Coronavirus, the following is in place for the period March 16, 2020 – April 3, 2020 for the 405th District Court:
- Juries will be suspended for this period.
- Attendance by inmates will not be required, except for pleas and motions.
- Attendance by on-bond defendants will not be required, except for pleas and motions.
- Attendance by on –bond defendants scheduled to appear with counsel will be reset (contact Court Coordinator)
- Attorneys are responsible for communicating this to their clients.
- Attorneys who are ill or test positive for ANY illness are excused from court. Please call the Court Coordinator.
- Civil Status Conference will be held via telephone or by email.
- Attorneys are allowed and ecouraged to appear by telephone or send email notification/update during this period
Contact with the Court
"A Judge….shall not directly or indirectly initiate, permit, nor consider ex parte or other private communications concerning the merits of a pending or impending judicial proceeding. A Judge shall require compliance with this subsection by court personnel subject to his or her direction and control…"
Judicial Code of Conduct Cannon 3 Section A(5)
None of the information contained in or referred to by this website is intended to give legal advice or comment on pending or potentially pending litigation. This website was created as a public service. The County of Galveston Courts do not warrant the accuracy of the information contained herein nor are they responsible for any errors or omissions and assume no liability for its use.