The Galveston County Juvenile Justice Department provides a wide array of treatment services for juveniles under supervision, enrolled in the Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program, participating in the TLC Program or in detention custody. Outpatient services are provided via contracts with The Family Service Center of Galveston County, The Gulf Coast Center, The University of Texas Medical Branch and individual service contracts as needed.
- Individual and family therapy
- Suicide / mental health assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Substance abuse education
- Substance abuse treatment counseling
- Oasis Program – sex offender treatment program
- Intensive community based case management
- Psychiatric assessment and consultation
When the juvenile’s probation order specifies a particular service or program, such as sex offender treatment counseling by the Oasis program, the juvenile must participate in that particular program. However, when the court or the probation officer does not require a particular service the parent is urged to provide their child with any service or treatment they believe to be in the best interest of their child.