Dear Future Employee,
As Sheriff of Galveston County, I encourage you to join our team of outstanding law enforcement professionals and to accept the challenge of providing the finest law enforcement service in our community.
As an agency with a proud history, we are seeking new employees who are interested in serving our community with pride, integrity, and professionalism.
Many opportunities await individuals who wish to serve the visitors, patrons, and citizens of Galveston County.
Henry A. Trochesset
Galveston County Sheriff
Download the application, pick on up, or stop by to meet a Recruiter:
- Application are available at 5700 Ave H, Galveston Tx. Just ask the the jail front lobby personnel for an application and they will assist you.
- The application can be picked up 24hrs a Day, 365 Days a Year
- Download the GCSO Application
Have a question during the application process?
- Our recruiters will happily assist you properly completing an application.
- Please complete the entire packet and place "n/a" in un-answered areas.
- Once your application is complete please return it the Jail Front Lobby or Mail it back.
Divisions of Employment
- Citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age on the date of application.
- Not awaiting trial for any criminal offense
- Not on probation for any criminal offense
- Do not have a conviction for a Class A misdemeanor or above.
- Do not have a conviction for a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten(10) years.
- Do Not have a conviction of any felony offense
- Have Not been convicted in a military court that resulted in a less than honorable discharge.
- Conviction of any offense involving moral turpitude.
- No history of domestic abuse.
- Never been terminated from any law enforcement agency for an action, or failure to take act.
- Asked to resign or resigned while under investigation from a law enforcement agency.
Corrections (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Apply for a Corrections Deputy position today and start learning crucial skills that will give you a head-start towards a Law Enforcement Career:
- Interaction with different cultures
- Communication Skills
- De-escalation Techniques
- Report Writing
- Self-Defense and Handcuffing Techniques
- Pat Frisk and other search techniques
Patrol (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Apply for a Patrol Deputy position today and start providing general law enforcement services and peace of mind to the citizens of Galveston County
- Patrols unincorporated areas of the county
- Provides law enforcement services
- Assists other agencies