Social Media Internship with the Vision County Police Department
The Vision County Police Department is seeking a Social Media Intern to assist the Public Information Officer with the organization’s media presence on various platforms. The goal of this position is to enhance the organization’s online presence, increase the audience, post information to capture our readers’ interest and provide emergency information, as appropriate.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop and maintain a plan for organization's online presence to include management of online groups;
• Serve as primary editor to social media sites (e.g. research, write, edit, post and respond to comments);
• Ensure information is accessible from a variety of different environments and push to other websites and discussion groups;
• Produce a consistent visual image;
• Create links and ensure links are up to date;
• Attend City-sponsored events to capture photos and social media content; and,
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
To be successful in this role, Social Media Intern candidates shall possess:
• Excellent writing skills with a professional posture;
• Savvy with a computer and Internet skills
• Creativity with the ability to think outside the box;
• Strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment;
• A basic understanding of law enforcement;
• A sound understanding of social media and social networking; and,
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
It is preferred that intern candidates be in the field of Communications, Marketing, Criminal Justice or Public Administration.
This is an internship position, with a minimum of a 12-week commitment. Social Media Interns will be required to contribute 10-15 hours per week from the Vision County Police Department; a specific schedule is somewhat flexible. Due to budgetary constraints, no salary, stipend or benefits are available. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
The Vision County Police Department is a secure work site. All employees, volunteers and interns must be trusted to handle sensitive and confidential information both in accordance with policy and in a mature manner. Prospective Social Media Intern(s) are required to complete the City of Vision County’s Volunteer Application in addition to the following:
• A signed copy of the Truth Advisement;
• A copy of your current driver’s license;
• Proof of automobile insurance;
• A copy of any Police Report(s) in which you were a suspect or arrested, whether you were convicted or not. If you have not been arrested, please provide a signed statement to that effect;
• Five (5) references (e.g. family member, professor, colleague, supervisor, roommate, friend, etc.) including name, address, telephone number, email address and how you know the individual;
• A summary of your school internship requirements, if any; and
• A copy of any other certificates, awards or recognitions which you would like considered.
Application materials are being accepted through October 17. The most qualified candidates will be asked to supply a writing sample and will proceed through a background investigation, which includes a criminal records check and an interview.
Vision County Police Department
Attention: Jorgie Sacrament
601 El Garino Poral
Vision County, CA 90245
For more information, contact Poralyn Mclowell at (408)555-4892 or firstname.lastname@example.org