Click the links above to check the status of of Land Development Reviews or submit a new land development project to the District for review.
The Regional Flood Control District ensures compliance with the Hydrologic Criteria and Drainage Design Manual (HCDDM) to produce flood resistant land development projects and effective flood control infrastructures by focusing on the following:
- Assist implementation of the different typical and case-by-case land development and construction management processes of the local entities.
- Ensure complete review of regionally significant issues and additional in-depth review of all local and plans check criteria.
- Communicate the NFIP rules, regulations and/or changes to established rules and regulations to customers as necessary.
- Monitor FEMA’s proposed Risk Rating 2.0, which proposes to overhaul FIRMs and redefine the risk of individual structures.
- Continue to organize the regional entity meetings to promote land development discussions and setting agenda items, organizing presentations, workshop topics, and communication between the entities.
- Review regionally significant private and public development proposals to ensure conformance with established rules, regulations, and criteria.
- Participate in engineering associations.
- Solicit and evaluate input from the construction industry and design community, including entity consultants, to address design, construction, and maintenance of flood control projects.
- Continue to foster a sense of community and camaraderie with our local entities and engineering community with outreach activities to work better together and promote collaborative sharing of information.
- Promote programs and sound engineering design that qualify communities to receive credits under the NFIP’s Community Rating System (CRS).
- Cooperate with entities to provide the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with information to facilitate publication of accurate flood insurance rate maps.
- Continue to improve and streamline the land development process through electronic submittals, updated checklists, and project support based on community feedback.